Tuesday, May 13, 2008

In My Backyard

If you haven't seen the new Quilt Sampler Magazine yet, you're missing out. And I don't say that just because one of my favorite shops is in it. (Well, maybe...) It's a great issue.

It features Lake Street Mercantile in South Lyon, Michigan. In fact, their quilt is on the cover. And it's beautiful. The quilt, Paisley Parade and the fabric were designed by Laurie Simpson.


My son Matthew was very considerate when he chose to attend college at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti. There are actually 2 or 3 quilt shops between our home and his. So, last week when I visited Matt, I stopped by Lake Street.

To start with, it's a gorgeous building. It's a restored bank and the town of South Lyon is lovely. Inside, you will find an astounding assortment of quilt fabric. If you love Moda and reproduction fabric, this is heaven. They also have a great selection of wool. So, if you are in the area, stop by Lake Street. And if you are going through Goodrich on your way, pick me up!

~Amy

No comments: