Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fire!

I can't believe I'm writing this. My life is upside down. But my family is okay. Everyone is okay. Thank goodness for that. And my quilts are okay.
We've had a house fire. It's not too bad. The house is still standing and for the most part, in tact. But everything and I mean everything, is covered with black soot. So, for the next little while my life will be upside down.
It was an electrical fire. Most of my basement is charred. All I can tell you is keep fresh batteries in your smoke detectors. It saved our lives.
~Amy

1 comment:

Pam Achatz said...

Amy, how devastating!! I am so glad that you and your family are ok. I will keep all of you in my prayers as you work to get your lives back on track. Take care of yourself. Love, Pam Achatz